Thursday, December 2, 2021

Patterned Relapse Flagship.

 








Before I had decided to have my feet strengthened, there were only so many partnerships inside of which I could insinuate myself without folks on the outside starting to come to their senses, in more ways than one, if I'm being honest. On the off chance that you may have been spared the bad news, I'm always ready, able and willing to give you the lowdown, without which you may find yourself three sheets to the wind in a half an hour or less. When you begin to intrude on the comings and goings of innocent bystanders the world over, a person in need of a directed energy weapon can sometimes be found in the lounge area of a non-descript old factory zone. On the other hand, what gives you (or anyone of your ilk) a fighting chance to make good on an ancillary promise to an insensitive probation officer? The thing about people in a training loop is that you can sometimes spot them play-acting in a fishy manner in a matter of seconds, if that. I count myself among the lucky ones. Until then, don't be surprised to find that I've managed to worm my way in to a broken field hockey colony. They say that 'everyone does it'. I beg to differ. Don't fart.



You see, there's a standard size duplication device at my beck and call in the waning seconds just before dawn pokes its ugly head through a shaft in a town near you. Those are the times when we enjoy getting together with old friends and reliving all sorts of ancestral disputes on the big screen. I'm generally the one who plays Tincup Harvey. My wife, Tina Hoskins, does double duty as both Catherine the Great and Irma Fletcher of 'Whiz Kidz' fame. They say that culture begins at home. I couldn't disagree more. But, if some of the stolen materials strike my fancy, and I can cadge a ride to the office, sometimes there won't be anyone left to bang on a collection of tuned rods and make like a 'fancy boy' writ large. Unfortunately, that's not what most people pay us for. Far from it, in fact. If I had to guess, I'd say that somewhere in your past there lurks an ugly rumor to the effect that in your younger days people got the wrong idea if you so much as crouched in a corner while others stood gamely by in an effort to appear more approachable by half. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that you once exhibited an attitude which most regarded as 'headstrong' in the extreme. Does this help me regard you as an even bigger threat to the sanctity of my marriage?  Yes, yes and yes. (No.)


_______________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment