Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The small matter of a minor proposal.

 







When Paul and William Tanagore at length approached my first wife with their proposal, I knew that her personal vanity would render a moot arrangement all the more tempting. As she stood next to our beach ladder, I began going through a series of lists in my mind. The abruptness with which she'd diagnosed the cantankerous news agent who lived near our dentist's final victim made me all the more certain that I might not survive the surfacing of tangential materials in the hands of those too young to fold into a disingenuous cohort.



Try as one might, the rapid dissolution of anyone's instructional fabric only serves the interests of those whose previous involvement no longer rises to the level where our betters abjure red flags to seek out the indolent party. Why is it that I always get the creeps when you peel away to join the others for a round of 'pygmy squatch'? It always seemed that when they lived behind us, I was more often than not the one to be put on speed dial. The 'crazy complaints' are all we have left. There are, though, those who freely circulate in a frankly painterly pattern. Once yet another has been dumped into a phantasmic mortgage stipulation, we make it our business to be very watchful in case anyone tries to hide 'in plane sight', with all that implies.



Who's to say that I wasn't feeling all that generous as I picked my way through the remnants of a diacritical plot, hatched courtesy of the one couple whose harried expressions concealed a thoroughgoing effort to exert maximum pressure worldwide? It might sound like one of my trainees has given up the ghost, but what I know to be true is that no one took the time to enroll our son in an organ exchange manifold. I've had to repay every red cent before my picture came up for review. On or about the third week in February 2014, approximately thirty-five wellness practitioners sought to peacefully enter the grounds of the Fulton County (GA) Municipal Building in hopes of gathering forged signatures to make a play for the 'sympathy vote'. Does anyone still believe they did anything wrong?



________________________ 


No comments:

Post a Comment