Sunday, February 14, 2021

A Frank Confession.

 







I'm starting to have doubts about whether people who mention things to me are trying to send a secret message. I see them meeting during the remission at a mediocre concert. They look at each other like it was something they ate. Every now and then I'll offer one of them a piece of advice concerning their reliance on other services. Sometimes they'll shoot me down. Once in a while they try to pretend to be more open. It's a blessing in disguise, because, from the way I have them pegged, if I were to  introduce one and then another and even a third, fourth and so on, a complex series of trusts would need to be codified. In order to do that, I'd need a skin sample and a recording of their morning routine. This will take some doing.




To be fair, I've only started to enact this as a favor to my Father. He's a Rectilinear Director of the Comfort League. His name is traditionally very difficult to pronounce. Even from thirty thousand feet, you'd have to hand it to yourself. Any closer and you'd be a fool not to. Beyond that, it's a cheap shot at a fool's bargain. I won't go near the water again. This time of year the flavor just isn't right. When we come down into a leading valley, everyone can tell that more than one of us might need a helpful nudge. I'm all but out of it when my girlfriend is found hiding by herself inside a very large and very old hollowed out magnet. Her hair is usually 'to die for', but that day? Forget about it! There's just no way. Up till then I'd scraped her wrist raw with anticipation. Now everyone looked the same. Whether on the inside or the outside, it always comes up numbers. Sometimes there's even a sound. We all become suspicious. Especially the taller ones. Why? They always go first, you retard!




When I enter the room, it's always with a little flip. My training partner gives me a look and I take the hint. Normally I like to travel in pairs, but this time there's a bench I've got my eye on. Sitting pretty is how I like it. The fingers are placed near his ear. Good thing he doesn't sleep well or I'd need to use a nozzle. The first drop hits him like a ton of bricks. The next day we're no longer speaking. Instead, I decide to go with a 'blessing' strategy. He's prone to a milky discharge. During that last Winter, I could tell we never really had anything in common at all. By that time I'd already been sleeping in shifts at this other brute's house. And, just so you know, no, I've never been 'that' way. (This will serve you well.)



______________________________ 

 

5 comments:

  1. Trouble trouble trouble....just tried to post and it won't let me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it let me...but my previous post which I spent over 45 minutes on will not. argghhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am over-joyed that you got your bat shit crazy brain working again. I have to admit that after studying your latest work of art I had to make a quick dash to the porcelain vomit receptacle. It might be something else and merely a coincidence, but maybe not. We'll never know. What the heck were you thinking? Or were you? We'll never know. I have a song stuck in my head since our last conversation about not being here to experience the demise of "life as we know it". The song is "In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)" by Zager & Evans (circa 1968). Very profound for the time, I think. Of course it has an easy listening kind of vibe, but you can't dance to it (would be so weird considering the lyrics). Hopefully by revealing this to you I will get this song out of my head today and replace it with something more upbeat like "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" by Joe Nichols. Happy country songs are cool. So there you have it, as you always do. Peace, Love & Understanding are the catch-words for today. We'll never know.

    February 20, 2021 at 8:58 AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so I could not send this through your latest post (the foot print one) but it was just hanging there so I copied it. ENOUGH frustration for one day :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you were having trouble posting, not to mention that my art may have possibly made you sick. Please be assured that was never my intention! The main purpose of this blog (as you well know) is to bring peace, health, happiness, enlightenment and damn fine entertainment to the whole world! So far not many are 'taking the bait', but someday they will, without a doubt.

      As for your difficulty posting, I will definitely take it up with those in the 'upper reaches'. If their response is not satisfactory, they will be quickly eliminated!

      Delete