Friday, February 26, 2021

True Brotherhood Takes Many Guises.

 









Each of the brothers sits with me while he awaits his turn to observe a larger person take his chances on an imaginary field. The operation, as outlined in a defunct briefing packet, is one that we all feel sure will lead, in time, to a crucial anointing. Only the overseer is aware of the stakes at this moment. The rest of us are seen to weep quietly into small paper affairs provided for this very purpose. The middle one, Sarmy (not his real name), sits determinedly, hands athwart, tongue strictly under control, only the left eyebrow indicating the mildest of apparent discomforts. I take it all in stride and introduce him to Airport officials. They confide in me later that he stands to lose his place if control issues get the better of him. I let them know in an in-house release that their fluid retention could get in the way of our better natures seizing the day. From our enemies, no less.




So, as Sarmy takes his spot, breaches a false pond and announces to no one in particular that he's about ready to jump, I make sure that one of our most reliable techniques for trance induction achieves its end and he is now sufficiently pliable to allow the larger person needed scope for operational security (OPSEC). Once I've walked the required three miles to relieve our team, I'm informed that one or two of our minor Officials has gone missing. No one is expecting that any water will be used. Especially since it was only a conjured image. We have essentially never left the table where we started. I've always pronounced certain names with a not-so-obvious lisp. This was to help people get settled. For our part, my wife and I have maintained respectful relations with strangers-at-a-distance. When it became cooler in the yellow months, I would call her from out of state and ask whether anything would come in handy. She more often than not stayed 'mum'. I took that as a definite 'maybe' and took action accordingly. You can see the results for yourself. It can't be this easy




My penchant for ever-so-casual leadershit wiles has earned my Tribal Botnicks coveted positions on a rotating platform which we ignore at risk of our own incipient doom. The projectiles from on high often hit their mark. But even then I never fail to act the part of a fully inverted gentleman. Anyone who neglects to aver that my effort has achieved its end can now expect to be subpoenaed to appear in our dog-stripped cauldron. That may not be the end of it, though. But all of us, from the Perkins Board on down, are eager to demonstrate that chance procedures will sometimes earn one a place from which all bastardized stipulations need not raise even the flimsiest of cusses. You have our permission to try this  the next time you appear in our largest mirror. They don't make them like that for nothing. Yes.



______________________________ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment