Thursday, October 21, 2021

Legacy Construction Imperatives.

 







There was a lepandic oak beam about 'yay' big, temporarily buffeting the spot in our portico where my dash-hound sweater kept its own counsel while I saw fit to carouse with the bottom-feeders in our home-broth distillery klavern. The name on everyone's lips made me want to lift an additional piece of twine into place so that the masks on display wouldn't scare anyone with their preternatural droopiness. I called my cousin, Clyde Hopkins, from the shadow overlooking Swindler's Meadow and asked him if he'd be interested in leaving town some time in the middle of the night. I knew he'd say 'no' because of his allergies. Still, I wanted to pin something on him so that he wouldn't be tempted to talk out of turn. I admit, it was a crapshoot. But, if anyone had ever told me three years ago that I would whip through the entire booklet in less than a day and a half, you'd have to pry my fingers off of him with a Mack Truck. It was that kind of 'scary'.



Once I entered my room after the game, I noticed that my shirt had seen better days. As I began to unbutton myself at her request, I came across an address in an unused pastry box which sat not-so-innocently on the dresser just to the right of the closet door. It turned out that the address was one I'll have a hard time forgetting, if I ever do. If not, I can always apply for benefits through my employer. It turns out that I've been on the plan longer than most folks my age. By the time the rest of the kids in my form run out of pincers, I can arrange to make a brash discovery of some new way to prance with second hand gizmos in an unlikely combination. Everyone here says that the color 'red' is their favorite flavor. Now that I know that, I can plan accordingly. The way they laugh at night makes our elderly neighbor grouse. It's a sight to behold. Just don't tell that to our temporary person. He can be quite a prick. And, not in a good way, I hasten to add. It's for your safety. No one is sure how you hold your urine. I'll be right back.



The brim of my hand painted tooler's hat is what keeps them out of my eyes when the lighting becomes a major issue. We give out free vat-access on the first Thursday of every other month. The one who intends to strike early gives us pause just like in the old days. He resembles some kind of medieval penitent. He drags a vinyl pouch behind his wife's car just before it starts to rain. There are big ones associated with his Master's cake but it somehow just doesn't seem right that he refuses to check in during off-loading hours. I know that he can't mean what he says but I have it on good authority that he pays people to jump out of the way. From the time he first assembled a crew of out-of-towners  to heckle my presentation, I knew that he would be my 'go-to' if I ever needed help getting out of a jam. There are always people in his orbit who like to stare at me suggestively. I do my best to keep up appearances, but please. Does anyone know of a place where I can get a socket repaired before the Monday after last? If so, I'd much obliged to enter you in my scroll. It won't hurt if you're not ready.


____________________________  


No comments:

Post a Comment