Sunday, March 5, 2023

Report from the front line of the inner struggle.










When I tell you that every once in a while, I give serious thought to the ground truth of your continued existence, that's when you should try to spot tiny, animated specks moving just outside of your field of vision. If any sound accompanies their incessant dithering, you can chalk it up to a negligible potion which one of us was politely requested to drink. And that's on a good night. If you had signaled me with a flashlight in the rain during that evening years before I had any right to expect trespass-papers, I could have told you then and there not to evince a belief in discarnate vagabonds as that could prove to be your psychic undoing when I stepped out to use the john. A detailed investigation of wholesale imperfection is all that stands between us and the wiles of a battle hardened inebrient of the fourth kind. In case you don't know any better, one of your most devoted disciples is scheduled for advanced removal at the crank of dogs.


We used to prefer re-usable eunuchs to provide a serious cover story in case all the stunts in the book didn't cut it anymore. By the time I yielded the right-of-way to a major organized crime figure, I'd all but stopped caring about how my appearance could affect those less fortunate than the average of what came before. Before what? Before I was forced to give up the one thing which coats some of the more mundane pieces with soothing moistness to keep everything droll and puffy. I say this as a friend, or even a loyal enemy. It irks the very ground upon which  I stake my codified bell system that when someone requires a vanishing reprimand, I'm usually not the one who leaves the pound with only a modified soreness near the area. It would be a 'dream come true' if one of us could get behind a wheel and look for continuing monoliths in our dressing cage. Unlike the other two fellows who brought you into our arrangement, at gun point if necessary, I'm the one who usually goes through buildings with only one small label glued prominently to my joiner's loop. And you know what that is.


The 'trick-of-a-lifetime' is what we were promised. Instead, a random assortment of variegated console powders evoked a sinister gel plan which only helped re-brand a case of serious vapors. I once read that those in need of a sound policy proposal would be better served if the racket often heard during a minor tussle could be recorded for the pleasure of our lesser bromads. They have a way of yanking any vainglorious contender into an innocuous field unit for a quick stress-test near a bonny ridge. The drifts which you inoculate near my right eye are solely tapered for the truly greedy. I live with this every day. Others are not so lucky. When they stare at my door asking for a panty farling, I know they're up to no good even if their leanings make for a good convo at the pub on weekends in the dry season. If I tell them that I've never had any, they refuse to believe that it runs in my family's blood. Not only that, they also liken it to the way a robot would behave in a densely packed warehouse. Excuse me, but I fail to see what that has to do with my segment of the presentation. Now you're doing it right.


_____________________________  



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment