Monday, June 24, 2019

Genetic Modification Forecast: Initial Appraisal






We got home before dark. (Only one of the two names on the paper in the envelope,
did I recognize.) I had been informed earlier in the day by her physician that she
suffered from hypothoxemia. This might explain a lot of things, but I'll
save that for later. Who knew?

It fell to me to organize this evening's crew. (By the way, you should be aware
that this was still over two and a half weeks ago, now). Had I been lounging about
in vain? The maps did indicate a location near the back door. This, by itself, was
no excuse for the suffocating atmosphere.

It seemed that her force had become 'puffy' but I wasn't about to risk
another incident. The nodes were in line, so I went ahead with it.

During my calls to Tony, Mark and Sinclair, my attention strayed to the spaces
between 'things'. An off-color event appeared imminent. We were both full of
trust, I'll admit. It was only when the very loud banging began,
that I started to put it all together.

You see, the lawyer had been buried not far from here. Yeah, and there was
still that telltale coffee stain in the breakfast nook. It took at least
fifteen minutes to locate the other lists.

That's right: parts. And parts of parts. It scared both of us. We'd had our
hands full just trying to poison the Mayor (and you know how that ended
up!!). Everything is still louder than I would have ever imagined. Like I
promised, I'm gonna hook you up with Lou. He says he's got a real 'cake'
for you!! (Will you be back before I get up?)


It's 2:00 AM, now. She'd been hiding in the backyard. When I found her,
she kept mumbling about a face, always a face. It seemed to me I'd heard
this before, but I had no idea where. Now it was my turn. We were both
soaked and frozen. We scooped up her things and made our way back. Just in
time to avoid weeping. To move her into the vestibule I used a winch. The
calls would ALL be made, this I knew. It might seem that we could have avoided
the whole thing or you could say I caved, but don't bet on it. I'm sorry, but it
hurts. That, and the 'pus-on-the-shoulder' incident still rankle my brain. We
both considered it a blessing when you returned the stolen articles, without ever
being asked. Now you know the long and the short of it, minus a few details,
which I'll fill in later. If you're still pissed we might try to work something out.
It's your call. Be precious. Don't feint.


________________________________________


Okay, that's it. You've reached the end,
or really the beginning, chronologically
speaking. Have you read every post? No?
Then go back and read whatever you might
have neglected to peruse. Yes? Congratulations!
Now go back and read them all repeatedly until
you've memorized all of it.

Once you've memorized everything you'll be
qualified to apply for a intern/trainee position
and a limitless future awaits! Good luck!


______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment