Friday, June 28, 2019

Bonnie Carlin's Face (not the one you think we mean)



Only some of the parallels to Bonnie Carlin's 
face will submit themselves to my intimate 
inspection. The first one is nary a wisp. 
It consists of two or more solid lines  
separated by a viscous yellow film and 
redolent of Thursdays in the park with 
Nathan Jones and his corpulent friend 
Jon P Wilmont. They appear to be no older 
than nine or ten with the exception 
of a rag in the hind end of a '53 Studebaker.


I gathered her unto my bosom and stanched the bleeding 
before anyone had a chance to compare my knees 
to those of Joe Namath. It wasn't a good fit. 
I had my pride and she had her OWN viscous yellow goo,
.... in spades. Why is it always some mealy-mouthed cretin 
who completes a sentence of three seconds 
in a purgatory of one's own making? 
It goes that way by preening in its own soup ,
.. not even salivating like 'all get out'. 
Do I have a crime to see yet over yonder way? 
I don't think so, I'm afraid. Over and out,.-or- under and in. 
Your move, oh trusted advisee... Until the last time.




No comments:

Post a Comment