Thursday, September 23, 2021

An Introduction to Important Letters.

 







There will be a letter 'E' followed by the letter 'S'. These are not to be taken lightly, if at all. I will stand guard near one of your piles, in case help is on the way. If not, some of the tokens may be collared. A state of rest is not assured. Those of us who have been mentioned in your absence are quite possibly relieved to no longer be interposed between your patients and some of our friends from the atheist community. They live with the knowledge that in a scant two and a half years a number of our pamphlets have found their way into a dressing facility which has seen better days. I count myself as a person of moribund cultural perspectives. Even still, if one of them were to take my daughter to a Health Compound, I would make every effort to fit in and not cause others to feel a vague sense of concern. It's about the spirit of helpfulness. When your number is called, there's not a question sensitive enough to merit a full blown chemical event. On the other hand, have you ever wondered if something you once thought about made getting ahead in life more difficult than you had any right expect? I'm not asking 'for a friend', I'm asking because I sincerely want to know your honest opinion. That shouldn't be too hard, not that anyone's bragging.



So, as I pulled her coat into my greedy mitts, I wished her a fond renewal. We'd made the best of a tricky situation. She'd bargained with my Chief Utility Officer for more time in the hole. By the time it was 'lights out', my allergies kicked in and I was of no use to her anymore. She made more in five hours than I had in five years. It seemed that I just could not stop yelling at her housebound cosmetician. There was no other way to let off steam, what with her taking all the air from the proverbial elephant in the room. When I skipped town later that day, I could see that she was beginning to regret the part I played in the approval process. As a father, I made it quite clear that none of her effects were to be left at the scene. That would make it all too easy for people to once and for all establish a linkage, if only in their fevered imaginations. Where does it say that some of us are destined from birth to equip a battalion with some of the most innovative conduction units to ever be deployed in mission-critical fooferaw?



Even now I live with the nagging suspicion that some of my clothing choices could have initiated a chain of events which left not a few grasping for a simple explanation. The problem is, and has always been, that some of us are still beseeching manifold placement groomers to make a subtle offering in lieu of a bonified risk assessment com-deck. There's a trail of sheltered hemorrhages where before no one could count on the fingers of one hand. They deserve a lot of credit. People like to throw stones, but where would they be if I had it to do all over again? This is the kind of thing which is quite uncomfortable to even pretend to consider. It's my God given right to bring anyone I want into a secret meeting as long as they can be counted upon to remain completely motionless. By the time we got home, I removed the last wire from his forehead. He thanked me, we shook hands and that was the last time I ever saw him. Who's laughing now?


_____________________________  


No comments:

Post a Comment