Monday, May 25, 2020

A Preliminary Summary: Results Not Yet Finalized.








The fire is still not out yet. Periodically on one or another flat surface*. There's a kid who moves between rooms. We've been told that he thinks we don't see him. This puts us in panic mode. Especially since the night we found some of his hairs. Weirdly enough, they taste like zinc when cooked slowly over an iron-filing range. I'd give my favorite vest to see him 'dead-to-rights'. But in all the fuss, the room I live in with my three cousins seems like kind of a fun place to smack people around. That way they don't get hung up on if there's a method to our madness or if we're just angry about something that can't be helped.






Now I'm planning on moving my 'special' table out near a spring-fed stable. In the event of weakening of the anterior lids, our kids will take on my duties until we can cause a lack of ruckus to unfold in a more natural fashion. I can see one or more of them looking through holes on the surface of your ordinary lake. It pains us to admit this, but we were all over it from the get-go. While the samples in my case get a sterling run-through, no one can say the same about studying tipping points in the undersea environment. They will admit to knowing five songs from the late '80s and then clam up like nobody's business. The problem is, everyone already knows my name, my favorite color and a little bit about my ethnic background. In case anyone thinks I'm in the mood to brag, please know this: my adoptive niece is from a disadvantaged socio-economic heritage.






We figure that once we're forced to look in an unexpected direction, we'll have time to fold our affairs up for the final endgame. It'll be set, match, checkmate and then we'll run through the whole place and forcibly stencil the doors with an oddly named pigment. This is when we bring in the 'big guns'. My own award is from the Oxnard Nutrition Lab. I have yet to see any results. The way it's been shown to literally bend time explains our approach to piecemeal silencers. There's a smallish piece of a babydoll's plastic finger lodged just inside the ramp to our trapdoor. It conceals the spot where we've gathered with our betters since before someone in tatters learned to ride, as if for the first time. With any luck, this won't be the last time that facts in this affair get a fair hearing. As if!.... 



_______________________________________

* Yes, the second 'sentence' of the first paragraph has no verb.
Please be assured that it was just 'meant to be'.

4 comments:

  1. So, ummm, otherwise how are things, generally speaking? No need for specifics (as if there are any). This is simply a random thought with absolutely zero meaning (as if there ever is). A blue crab just tried to climb the outside of my patio screen. He/she must be lost. Maybe I should go downstairs and melt some butter. These days just keep on being days (as if they would wish to be anything else).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Things'? 'Generally speaking'? That's quite a tall order, Missy! By 'things', you mean inanimate objects? Or perhaps animate objects, that is to say living organisms, including so-called 'people'? But of course were I or anyone else to attempt a comprehensive answer we would then, by necessity leave the realm of vague generalities, which most folks, very possibly including yourself, seem to prefer.

      How about this for an all-purpose answer: 'Things' are 'fine', albeit often more than a little annoying. Hope that helps. You're welcome.

      Delete
  2. *No sweat. I always knew you were a "meant to be" sort of being in the grand scheme of things that are things and/or beings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm certainly gratified to learn that you didn't get your 'panties in a wicket' concerning a possible grammatical error, even though it was fully explained and justified in the accompanying asterisked notation.

      You have my full and unending gratitude.

      Delete