Friday, May 29, 2020

The Unlikely Life Story of Radu Mirf.









I caught a kid sneaking in here last night. He didn't have anything with him. When I asked him where it was, he accused me of insensitivity. That's when I started to take him seriously. It ended up that we bought a boat together. His name is Radu Mirf. Now it happens that he's my publisher. In the office we like to engage in small talk. I've heard, but not from him, that his Mother used to work as a seamstress in the Bronx. His Dad was an alcoholic airline pilot but it was said that he 'had a good heart'. We'll see about that. When I arranged to have him deported to begin his college education, I never imagined that he would take to it like a duck to a liquid. In the end he never did learn to swim. Oh well... Live and learn.





By now I've entered the deepest cave. This is the one near the local Airbase, in case you're not familiar. When my daughters were young, they struggled with their spelling. I showed them a way to move their cards around so that the letters would line up to make memorization easier. Now that the littlest one is sitting in the State pen serving five to fifteen, I wonder if I should never have moved into a rough area. Things can get kind of tricky if you're looking for anal sex. I've had it easier than most, though. I can count on the fingers of one hand to help me hold a fork, if it comes to that. Not that I expect that it would, but, you know.... just sayin'...





In about the time it takes to hold a person responsible for their type of activities, a person is likely to try and escape the consequences of premature notions. Now that we all wear the same colored hats, we're all feeling more and more coordinated. It's always a risky move to prepare a special dinner. One of the risks is that no one will be around to actually eat it, not even the person who went to so much trouble. And then if you actually GET in trouble, you'll have to come up with a believable excuse—PRONTO! One of the ways to get around that is to carry a little sack attached to your belt. If you pretend that the sack contains mysterious particles, they'll be apt to leave you alone. But please don't go looking for handouts, okay? That could spell the end. Big time! 


__________________________________

2 comments:

  1. There you go again. Making me wonder where your head is at (in today's meaning of that) during these glorious days. Sunshine, butterflies, puddles, donuts (a/k/a doughnuts) (not "do nuts", unless you really like them and they don't cause your tummy to revolt in half-digested pieces of pecans, almonds and brazils). That's all I have to say and you don't have to pay me any heed, but it would be wise if you did (if you get my drift).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right. I went 'there'. Again. But why? Why would I, and how could I keep going 'there', but so rarely 'here'? I may be kind of tired from all the riots I've been participating in. In the end, though, maybe it's all worth it. What do you think? Or maybe I should just go here and leave there for once and for all. Why do I say that? Because I just felt like, I guess. But I could be wrong, however likely that may seem.

      Delete