Thursday, June 11, 2020

A Lesson in Accepting the Inevitable.









There's a part where, if I remember correctly, my own voice is recorded recommending sleep to a male hitchhiker during a stopover in Keene, New Hampshire. On a screen-within-screen though, if you squint, at the very same time, my wife is depicted on a discarded pamphlet that washes up on a beach (possibly on the Gulf Coast) sometime in the late 2010s. I continue to insist that these type of fabrications are virtually stripmining my reputation for probity and nonchalance. If I had my way, all prior versions would be required reading for those in need of a silent foe.






When we discuss the possibility of my joining her as part of a group effort, it is baldly recommended that I seek professional help. This was never what I would have expected, but now that I think about it, the idea seems to become more and more ludicrously afflative. I will place a wall-hanging worth in excess of ten thousand dollars inside a cheap cloth sack and have it delivered to my place of action near a secretly marked building. I know some people there who specialize in these things. One of them grew up in the Islands but is very effective nonetheless. The other is a favorite of the ladies.






The relationships which we've cultivated over the years were designed in a human interest lab funded by DARPA and lavishly ignored by the public-at-large. We can't come to any other conclusion but that this was for the best. My earnings alone are said to be sufficient to prop up a senior citizen kiting scheme. It was once alleged that I'd take her into a room if I thought everything was on 'the up-and-up'. Several of them were pulled out during the final stages. However, once we entered Stage 5, I let it be known that each of the sensors had yet to be tripped, thereby lending credence to charges of 'rigging'. In the end I was one of six entrants who could be found milling about near a Transfer Station. The only explanation that makes any sense is that some person or group of animals wanted just this outcome. No one could say that they didn't have their work cut out for them. And if anyone did, you can be damned well sure I'd try like the dickens to put a stop to it!



___________________________ 

3 comments:

  1. Je peux dire, avec une raison complete, que vos pensees et ecrits sont tres instructifs et aussi un peu derangeants en meme temps. Mais ne t'inquiete pas, je peux lire entre les lignes et je le ferai toujours en toute discretion. C'est bien?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, let's see how my high school French holds up, almost 50 years later. No internet translation site will be used until I've tried my own translation to see how well I did. Here goes:

      "I must say, with a complete reason [that can't be right!] , that your thoughts and writings are very instructive and also a little deranged at the same time. But, not to upset you, I must read between the lines and I will do so with all discretion, okay?"

      And here's how Google translates it:

      "I can say, with complete reason, that your thoughts and writings are very informative and also a little disturbing at the same time. But don’t worry, I can read between the lines and I will always do it with discretion. It's good?"

      Hey, you know what? I think I did okay! And to answer your question: Yes, it's extremely bien!

      Delete
  2. B+ Tres bien! It is good to challenge our brains once in a while, not allowing this COVID thing eat away at our most important endeavors. Right?

    ReplyDelete