Monday, June 8, 2020

Promises Made, Promises Kept!









A smaller person came by the other week. I've been told by more than one family member that he arrived in a separate car. Where they got that from is anyone's guess. Meanwhile I'm sticking with the same routine. If one or more folks can get ready in time, we'll grab a bite and pool what's left of what we came with. Even if a donation were to be enough, most of us still wouldn't feel comfortable riding around. It's said that even walking can get you killed. I have my doubts but if the people up front can just lower their shades a bit, I'm sure any of  the rest could earn a place if our team likes their feeling. Sometimes you'll notice that it's almost tan.





Once in a while I'll encounter one in a tavern that I frequent when I'm out that way. They generally have a particular method of saving themselves for peculiar sequences. Then if you utter one word out of place, or at least not in a place of their choosing, an apology will be in order. I could help you with your blood pressure medication if I get off work in time. It's said that they work with 'rhyming shells', whatever they may be. The one time I spotted a package on the back seat of a car parked at the mall I lost my nerve. Now I can't help but regret every move I make, unless the direction just 'feels right'.





Now that we no longer are apt to linger after hours, the basket that's all but empty should be enough to lead us into a room where the tests are sometimes applied. I've still got the handkerchief that we agreed on. The thing is, though, that one of us always has to make sure that each corner is folded to form an inversion. I've already wrecked three televisions. They say that if you can wake yourself up without moving into position, you can count on them to see you through to a life-long program. What I can promise you—of all people!—is to not fail to cease denying the possibility of breaking my word for good this time. Get used to it! 


__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment