Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Quandary in the Old Fort.












One time, years ago, when we were in the Old Fort, I considered giving her a dollar. You might say that I thought better of it, but that's not quite it. Because the way she would run between stations had a lot of folks impressed. I knew better though. While it wasn't an act from start to finish, other people would start to moan if I so much as began to wheel straight through the center of it, even as her darling little portion captivated the naysayers and had the effect of backing them into a corner, even while undoing their excuse for breathing. So the dollar stayed in my left front pocket and both of my wrists crossed each other but not even a premium blade could have cut my determination to shreds if I so much as leaked a petty comment to a wafting peon.





You could have seen our new way of eating things, people and even food, but for the flooding in our improvised dining portillo. There was a meter about thigh high which cast a flailing production of High School Romeo with occupants of a dilapidated helmet. We have decided to never meet with a person who refuses to respect our hortatory requirements. The one time we did that, I got out of the car a few minutes too early and missed the entire Band of Queers. And that wasn't the first incident. You should have seen the time she insisted that I enter a building. These things are not usually done. I'll wear a shape inside my brain and no one can ever afford to not find that appealing. Once they cool off, I'll have them indicted for petty cash. That way my camisole stands a chance of winning the day.





As the drain makes that pretty sound which ignites the fondest memories, I never stop ruing the day I sold my last oval for a chance to have my very own baby. They come in a number of shades but the one we all seem to like is portrayed as the melting point of our little cupid hearts. It gives a  green taste. The likeness is quite remarkable. My own baby is now living on an island as a French derplomat. He says it keeps him as sharp as an astronaut, but without the webbing. The trail of trees could get my vote, but I don't expect to be done by then. Go cry.


__________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment