Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Ordinarily Withdrawn Pillows.








The period of time I'm thinking about, with not a little bit 
of discomfort, occurred due my recent disfigurement at a 
donor's compound it was my distinct displeasure to visit 
when the rising temperature finally revealed the patently 
obvious factors which lead to my now ever present need for 
a flask of substance to ward off danger. This was the fourth 
bitter pill (so to speak) it was my duty to swallow or become 
numb to my blindness to the faults of same. The other three 
don't merit a mention here, except to say they involved a 
movement in the direction of appropriate technology 
in the global south.


Fenton Bersma
"Who goes there?" I shouted in the settled air, little knowing that the netting erected by my erstwhile colleague, Fenton Bersma, was soon to effect my downfall as the one and only spokesman capable of constructing an all-powerful façade of lies in the service of Our Great and Wonderful Nation. You might laugh, or even chortle, but this was my first priority in those years, years of a calmness and a callous disregard for books in the gown, or even gooks on the brow, so to speak.



A fiery task.
Whatever the requirements were, I was (and am) determined to render them just so many idle fantasies and humdrum mottled flanges. It pays to throw oneself into such a fiery task with the help of few and the pained facial contortions of the many, notwithstanding ordinarily withdrawn pillows. 


Cross section of a taping pencil
If you ever plan to draw this type of event, please consider using a taping pencil you can purchase in town on your lunch break. It won't take more than one or two moments from an otherwise uneventful day. But, I think you'll find when you do, it will create a 'payoff' not long forgotten in the wood under which you endeavor. We are still your 'friend', despite whatever type of fantasy you've concocted in your never ending quest to create a distraction from the theft of chocolates by 'you know who'. Do you? Know who, I mean. And no, I'm not mean, just realistic. 




________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment