Thursday, November 14, 2019

Pieces of a Mystery.









The pieces I brought with me are tightly controlled as to their limited issuance and availability. Another piece is in the right front pocket of my dress pants, but they were left with a friend in Delaware by mistake. That friend is only marginally acquainted with medieval warfare strategies even though we went over it time and time again to prepare him for an exam in his Adult Extension Course. A Course such as this is usually held during the final two weeks of August, but this one took place the following May. 




It occurs to me that I should mention his wife. She's of Bulgarian descent but you wouldn't know it from her accent, or lack of one to be more precise. Certainly if she went to Australia or England she would have an accent, or be perceived to have one, but not here in New Jersey, is all I'm saying. In case you might be wondering, my friend's wife is living in New Jersey only temporarily while managing an industrial scale chicken hatchery as a favor to my godmother, Felicia Griswold. And even though I've never actually met Ms. Griswold, I'm fairly certain that I could recognise her anywhere since it's a well known fact that she has dark hair. She used to wear glasses but no longer does due to last year's Lasik surgery.




The pieces I brought with me are not more than three years old. I know this because there's a chain of custody which is precisely documented. The prior versions of the pieces are easy to spot. They have thin white edges whereas these pieces' edges are a mottled gray. It doesn't effect their performance, or at least shouldn't if everything is 'up to snuff'.







There's a pattern some of us have noticed wherein if one of the pieces is dropped (usually by accident), then a more lengthy recovery time than planned is in order. You see, since the pieces are all of slightly different weights and they're made to work together as a kind of mechanism, even though never having any direct physical contact, the droppage could cause the wrong side to become exposed to either natural or artificial light which is likely to adversely affect breathing patterns worldwide. We've been warned to never allow this to happen. 







This warning, and others, are par for the course at the yearly briefing where I usually only have the decaf. At the most recent one however I had Earl Grey tea. It was a nice change of pace. Other things are changing too, like my favorite TV show for example. I used to be a total slobbering fanboy of Newscenter 9 and now it's ActionNews 3 or I'm outta here! So take that! 




_____________________________________






No comments:

Post a Comment