Saturday, November 30, 2019

How Often Do You See The Back Of Your Own Head?








The back of the head.
You often see the back of the head. Here, now I want to show you the front, or at least my version of it.  You could find it useful to remove your glasses. Here, let me get  you a glass of water. Are you feeling better? I wish I could tell why you seem to be altered in some way. It's like your very thin arms have grown a new head. It's devilish. Why have I kept you from meeting my former friend? Is it because you're a mighty opponent? I know that one too. It's kind of like a felled bristule when you've had one. Have you? It's okay if you haven't. My wife thinks I'm in town for the day.




There was a moment right before you called me, just a few seconds really. My tie (yes, I do wear a tie indoors) was caught in a spring-loaded foreign cleaning device. Your voice had a scratchy quality. I felt a little brazen, I must admit. If I told you where I placed my favorite vest in the overnight squat-bock, you've pretended to forget. Until now that is. Now you come at me with a story. One for the books! 




I've told you that I'm blind now, haven't I? No? Well why didn't you ask? It would've taken all of a second or two. Why do I get the feeling we're operating on different wavelengths? Your rhythm of chewing is a real buzzkill. I'll get over it. I always do. It's in my nature. I'm a national treasure. We're all set to flee. We won't bring anything. It's just not right. There's a weight limit for sure. A bell will close soon. My own delight is overly warm.   




_________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment