Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Close Observation Can Yield New Vistas of Understanding.








There's a report of a person who ran near a local camping area where some Scouts were going through the motions of planting a seedling as part of an obligatory Service Program. I say 'going through the motions' because there never was any seedling. It was all some kind of ruse to create an impression. I heard about this just before noon on the 16th. The month doesn't matter. And no matter how much someone may think otherwise, it never will.






The person who ran is thought to have been pretending to jog. Really though, because of a marked hitch in his stride, the conclusion couldn't be any clearer that he was in charge of a large operation of willful deceit. It seems like it got him far since he was never seen again, at least not in that section of our State. However two States to the East there were at least three other non-confirmed reports of similar activities, except this time the person was thought to be at least one inch shorter. I should mention that he was seen from about four or five miles away. It wasn't snowing but it wasn't clear either. People will resort to the most desperate measures in situations of this kind.






The third incident (not chronologically) only emerged belatedly in May of 1968. I was scheduled to have my stomach removed in an experimental procedure after I'd been involved with  that 'Fisk' woman. She'd been giving all my neighbors the heave-ho without so much as a 'how-ya-do', and people were frankly up in arms and ready to have me extradited to Canada. On  Mother's birthday no less! I drove into town to conference with Sheriff McCulkey about a zoning issue. That's when I heard about someone seen walking around a neighborhood up the hill. It was said that he carried a small paper bag folded up in his front right pants pocket where no one could see it. We all felt that was fairly unusual behavior for that time of year. I still don't know what to think about it. I did see that some folks on Facebook have a theory, though.


Please prove me wrong. I'm waiting. Well?



__________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment