Wednesday, November 10, 2021

A Place Like No Other.

 










It's a place which sports very colorful bags with their legend boldly displayed. We found ourselves there seeking shelter from a certain kind of moisture. I stared at my companion's shoulder. He seemed frustrated by my lack of superstitious ideas. I knew that many people were afraid of his startle reflex. Several of our co-workers have been injured. He seemed to take pride in his ability to shout out some very tricky design parameters. I retreated to the rear where coffee was waiting. To say that I hadn't had my fill just wouldn't be right. Because, up until that very moment, no one had thought to ask about my wife's hysterectomy. They made a concerted effort to conceal their suspicions when my conduct came up for grabs. I took all of them shopping and then swimming. We had a ball.



Back at the house, some of them were kind of 'put off' by my reliance on the efforts of a retired bailiff. He'd been at my beck and call for only a few seconds when my assistant took cover due to something she claimed to have seen on the back his head. From her testimony, later corroborated by the next of kin, the mild discoloration seemed to diminish in size from one moment to the next, until it was all but unnoticeable to a neurologically 'normal' adult. I'd like to add my two cents here, but, due to the sensitivity of the circumstances of the motion under review, it would make more sense in the long run to allow the process to play out.


__________________________________

Postscript: A word to the wise!

The girls in our society lounge collective are beginning to have second thoughts. A person who once sent me a demo tape has caused them not a little consternation. On any given day, he might wander through one of their meetings, hat in hand, looking for all the world like an adult orphan of the old school. Some of us are aware that this could not be further from the truth. He's a very savvy operator. I used to trust him to ferry my son to his piano lesson after choir practice. The night he was spotted in the company of a known individual put a stop to all that. Still though, I can't help feeling that he's gotten a raw deal. Something has got to give. I'll do all I can on my end to insure a faithful duplication of our efforts when it comes to handling major loads. There's a 53-05 waiting just to the right of our side door for the party which will guarantee that no one will be allowed to perform without a strict adherence to some of our sillier guideposts.


____________________________

  

No comments:

Post a Comment